Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

What's In Your Backyard?

On a whim, a friend and I decided to explore my neighborhood...only differently: up the hill rather than down. What I found was an adventure of beauty and inspiration. Minutes from my home was a trail that began in scrub oaks and Pines and continued up a hillside to its very peak. Each switchback offered a view more breathtaking than the last. The top provided a 360 degree view of this amazing central coastline I live in. I couldn't believe that this was the first time I had explored it.

Making that shift from everyday activities to new adventures allowed me to experience a beauty that should never be missed. I wondered how many of us go about our days doing what we always do and therefore missing out on something special?
What's in your backyard that you haven't given attention to? A new nook or corner? A new way of doing the same-ole-things? A new 'lens' with which to view your world? Adventure is an attitude. It requires little time or money...it's all in how you look at the world. What can you do today, right now, that would take you out of the ordinary and into the adventurous new? What are you waiting for, it's your life, live it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment