Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day One of My Adventure


Today was a day for exploring various parts of Rye, New York. The air was crisp and the trees were hanging on to their last colorful leaves. The area is beautiful to a nature-lover like me. It is, of course, very different than California, but I couldn't help but notice all the similarities to home and wondered why that seemed significant to me.  I certainly loved the similarities (maybe my introvert's need for my comfort zone?), but I think I'll try and look at the area with an eye to the differences and see how that feels.

It's good to be aware of how we are viewing our lives...what filters we are using, and since this trip is specifically all about adventure, I'm very in tune with my thoughts and feelings. So tomorrow I will continue my exploration and shift my attention to the differences...wonder how the day will unfold?

Similarities or differences, I am totally aware of being fully alive, and that is the adventure I came for.

No comments:

Post a Comment