Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

No Guilt For Me!


I received an email from a friend that has been following my New York adventure. The comment was something like "Go for it, you can always sleep when you get home". Hah, spoken like a true extrovert.

Made me a happy to be in charge of my own energy. That is precisely the attitude that I used to buy in to when I traveled. After all, traveling is a once in a life time experience, how can you justify not getting the most from the opportunity?

What I would find, in the past, was that over time I would become so depleted that I enjoyed very little of what I was doing and seeing. Extroverts can manage their energy in this environment...after all, they get their energy from people. But an introvert simply must recharge by spending time alone, in their mind.

It's hard to say no to all the activites that can come with traveling, but by saying no at the right time, I'm able to, not only do more, but enjoy all that I am doing. This adventure has been managed according to my energy...and I am enjoying all that comes my way. For once, I have no guilt about taking what I need from the experience.

I am an introvert...it is an innate trait. I have learned to manage my needs so that I can embrace life to its fullest-on my terms, even if that means withdrawing for a moment to catch my breath.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect! I am a RAVING fan of your blog and enjoy everything you write because it's so affirming for me. Thank you, Zan! Blessings, Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia, thank you so much for such words of praise...they are certainly affirming for me.

    ReplyDelete