Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Nada Bartender

Touch Nightclub, NYC, was packed with people sipping spirits at the Indy Spirits Show, a once a year New York event filled with small independent distillers showing off their wares. My friend asked me to help out with a new brand, and what’s not to like about being part of something like that? When I’m in New York I have this magical ‘try anything’ attitude so I jumped in without hesitating. For just one night I was to become the 'brand ambassador' of a new Vodka called Nada Red.


I was charged with mixing the Nada Berry Red cocktail developed by Barbara Sweetman of Scorpion Mezcal fame.. A squirt of this, a dash of that, add some agave syrup a shot of pomegranate juice and a few measures of Nada Red Vodka ~ shaken, not stirred, and you have a drink that was getting raves and disappearing from the tray faster than I could make them. I’m not a bartender even after countless shakers full, but I loved every minute of the night.

Dressed as a Comrade (loved my hat), my attire drew as many questions as my drink. Reminiscent of USSR’s old hammer and sickle, the new logo sported a hammer and red star. That’s because it’s a California distilled vodka…and organic, to boot, and its smooth taste not-with-standing, the real star of the night was the philosophy behind the brand.

Nada Red Vodka donates their proceeds to underdeveloped countries that are committed to embracing freedom. They provide funds for various institutions that focus on the needs of their children.  It seems like a way for this American company to give back to the roots of vodka.

Set in the glitz of New York City, pulsating with lively music flowing through three stories of nightclub, the Nada Red Vodka was at home, as I was. We are both Southern California ladies, we are both smooth and appealing in our own way, and we are both committed to providing a better life for the children of the world. It was a good night.

*The following information was pulled straight from their website @nadared.com
The mission of nadared organization is to provide direct humanitarian aid to people in the oppressive political regions in the world. Through the profits of nadared vodka we support orphanages and freedom rights institutions in “Red” Countries by providing financial and material help directly to the ones who need it, without third party involvement.
Due to a safety of institutions and people who cooperate with nadared international we don’t disclose their names and addresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment