Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Mirror, Mirror On the Wall

This week I’ve been very irritated with the way the world interprets introversion. As if it’s something that needs to be changed, or fixed, or overcome. BALDERDASH! I am not broken, I do not need to be fixed…there are plenty of things about myself to overcome but, introversion isn’t one of them.

The real question is: Why do I care? Why am I letting the thoughts and opinions of others get to me? If I were really at peace with my introverted personality traits, the opinions of others would roll off my back, right?

This week they haven’t. This week I have less tolerance for others. So I have to ask myself, what is it about ME that their opinion brings up? You see, it’s never about ‘them’…it’s always about my stuff. Not in an egotistical sort of way, but in a mirror sort of way. What I see in others is what I see in myself. Mirror, mirror on the wall…

No comments:

Post a Comment