Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

When Will I Learn?

“Dear Universe, I want a job that I can work from home, on my computer.”

Really? Is that what I asked for? No other parameters like, how much time spent, how much money made, how fulfilling it is, just the blanket request for work?

Wow. Careful what you ask for…it’s time for me to go back to the drawing board and get a bit more specific. I get so wrapped up in the big picture that sometimes I forget the details. Details like how many hours a day and how many days a week and just how much do I want to be compensated for…I only focused on that great vision of being able to work wherever my computer found a connection—think of the freedom, I thought!  Think of the fun! Think of the adventure!

Well, that part is great, I'm not really complaining, but when will I ever learn to get really specific about what I want…really, really specific? It works, I know it does, so I’d better put my thinking cap on and begin to set some limits otherwise I will be working til the wee hours of the morning everyday and missing the real beauty of my life…the freedom to explore!

Dear Universe…..

No comments:

Post a Comment