Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Are You an eSnob Too?

I don’t understand the language of tweeting…the @, # and RT stuff. Yes, technically I know what they mean, but I’m just not sure how to use them or when, or why. Last week I wrongly attributed a quote to a Facebook friend. I thought the words of wisdom originated with her, but now I find that she was sharing what someone else had said. Apparently the quote about the more open you are, the better you can hide, was from @Stowe Boyd. (Sorry Juliette, I still think you’re awesome.)

Yes, I have a Twitter account and I do Tweet from it occasionally, mostly from Tweetdeck or Tweetlater, so I rarely go to my home page. It seems that my resistance to the whole thing has a bit of negative judgment attached. You see, I have 2,250 followers now….hah! Where did they come from, and why are they following me? And, be honest, who can consistently say anything meaningful in 140 characters or less? AND if that weren’t bad enough, when you do Tweet, it gets buried pretty darned fast in that sea of chatter…kind of like talking in a crowd of extroverts. It seems to me that Tweets are simply small-talk: Mindless chatter that translates to a waste of time. Am I an iSnob? 

Does that mean that Twitter is mostly for extraverts and Facebook is the choice of introverts? Not sure yet…could simply be my quirks, and Lord knows I have a few. Would love to know how you feel about the different social media venues out there…Do you Tweet, Facebook? I know you read blogs since you’re reading this….what’s your favorite way to interact on the internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment