Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I’ll Bet You’re Wondering...

I’ll bet you’re wondering how my last adventure turned out. The short version is “it didn’t”. I’ve been thinking all weekend how to spin this into an adventure (i.e. Adventure-Gone-Wrong) but, for the life of me, I can’t.  So many things started unraveling 30 minutes into our excursion that we made a quick, executive decision to scrap the trip and recoup our loses at home as best we could.  With grand bravado we declared: “We don’ need no stinkin' road trip to have fun!”  There was plenty to do close to home.

Even that got scrapped…rain, headaches and sore throats began to rule the day. So here it is Monday morning, still nursing a headache, with little to show for my grand adventure than a promise of tomorrow (well, not really tomorrow, but one day soon).

Here’s what I learned, however:
It’s nobody’s fault – sometimes ‘stuff’ happens.
Even the best laid plans can go awry--Roll with it.
Let it go…move on and stay in the moment as that’s the only thing you’ve got anyway.

You know when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade? Well, I made chocolate cake and it seemed to work pretty well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment