Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Never Start a Road Trip With a Dirty Car, and Other Grand Advice

Never start a road trip with a dirty car. I’m not sure what will happen if you do, but it’s advice that I’ve always followed. Funny the rituals we go through as we prepare for the unknown.  Is it our attempt to have the last illusion of control before we take that plunge into the unfamiliar?

I used to hate that feeling of being out of my comfort zone, but I've come to hate, even more, the feeling of being left out of my life.  Now, I’ve become friends with the butterflies in my belly. When they visit, I know I’m staying true to my dream of living life fully…unfettered by fear and doubt. Tonight I am entertaining butterflies again. But they are welcome here because soon I will put the Central Coast in my rear view mirror and head south to an adventure. If you want to come along for the ride, just follow me. I'll be the one with the shiny, clean car.

No comments:

Post a Comment