Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How To Have an Adventure When Your Attitude Sucks.


It’s painfully clear that one can find joy, passion and adventure without even leaving the house—it is all about attitude. This is especially true for introverts as we love to spend that quality time inside our heads. But how do you have an adventure when your attitude sucks?

My attitude has been a bit wimpy for several days; teetering between blah and pissy. An attitude that is decidedly NOT what (in my clearer moments) I’m all about. What’s up with that?

Loving introspection, I’ve been doing a ton of that, and I wonder just what this shift is all about? Is it me? Is it them? Is it the weather? Is it my diet? Is it the planetary line-up? WHAT is really behind this feeling of ennui; this lack of passion and this almost perverse enjoyment of negativity? If you think I can answer these questions in this post, you can stop reading right now, because I can’t. I have no profound thoughts on this matter except to acknowledge that sometimes a bad mood is just a bad mood. Sometimes you just gotta sit with it and let it pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment