Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Adventure of Letting Go




I had my housewarming party last night. It has been years since I’ve hosted a party, but I found it’s like riding a bicycle: you never lose it. The house came together (enough; I’ve learned to let go of perfection). Everyone I invited came, and some new friends came as well, as guests…I had a house full of happy people enjoying each others company. And check out the yummy food everyone brought!! (Yep, I'm still all about the food!)




This morning I am a contented, satisfied introvert…glowing from the memories of the night before, and sitting alone in quiet with my double-shot cup of coffee. I seem to have created this life of my dreams, and I walk around wondering how the hell I did it?

How did I go from feeling like I was in shackles for twenty some-odd years to this feeling of such emotional abundance? I realize it’s because I let go.

I let go of possessions, I let go of location, I let go of predictably, I let go of the life that no longer served me.  And working from a clean slate, I deliberately and consciously created what I have now: A life with a perfect blend of adventure and excitement and serenity and solitude. Being an introvert is no longer a struggle for me. I embrace it and incorporate my needs into all my activities. What a gift to be free. What a gift to have the energy to continue to be an Adventurous Introvert finding adventure where-ever I go.

And the party?  Well, I’ve chosen my friends well…I couldn’t have asked for a better evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment