Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Results Are In - Survey Says......

First, before I tell you the results of the survey - What an Introvert Wants - I want to thank the wonderful Facebook friends who rose to my aide by posting my “calling all introverts” plea and the link to my survey in their status updates – it allowed me to reach far more than my own friends I’ve made along the way. You would be surprised at how many of your friends responded and took my survey (I read years ago that introverts love to take quizzes!). Without your support, I would be far less effective in helping other introverts come to terms with their introversion and find their way to live empowered lives. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.


Now the results:

1. Which website would you most likely visit based on NAME ALONE
The top three winners were: 
  • Introvert’s Wisdom (first) and 
  • The Way of the Introvert tied with 
  • The Introvert’s Challenge

I will most likely be using these three names for my revised website, newsletter and Course offerings.

2. If you wanted support dealing with an issue related to your introversion, what form would you most prefer?
A resounding number of you selected "eLessons to be completed on your own time schedule that also includes email interaction with the instructor." A close second was books

I’m thrilled because that is precisely what I have been designing. There will be a heavy emphasis on prerecorded video classes complete with printable PDF workbooks along with questions for you to answer that will prepare you for your email interaction with the instructor – no set times needed – who wouldn’t love that?

3. Based on some of the challenges that you face as an introvert, which areas would you most likely seek support for?
All areas were fairly even in your responses, but these three had the most ‘votes’:
  • Finding balance between the demands of my life and energy.
  • Handling criticism with grace.
  • Understanding why things affect me the way they do.

 Look for lessons that will specifically target these areas - (your wish is my command).

4. Please include any other thoughts you have that were not addresses in this short survey.
There were a number of you who would like some support in handling the marketing/promotion aspect of being a self-employed along with the need to also balance the solitude of the soloprenuer and a healthy interaction with people and events. Sometimes there can be too much solitude, so how do you reach out successfully as an introvert?

All of your comments have been taken to heart as I design new classes to help you help yourself. 

I believe we all have the answers to our own questions, but sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees - that's when a coach can guide you to see things that there - always have been - you've just needed to shift perspective a bit.  That's my job, guiding the shift to happen.

May I remind every one of what you already know in your heart: 
Introversion is not a disease, you are not broken, and you do not need to be fixed….you might however, need to rediscover what makes you so wonderful and learn how to use your natural born traits to your best advantage, and perhaps let go of a limiting behavior to two….to step into the world of your choice by your standards.

Muuaaah to all of you. Thank you

If you took the survey and want to be notified of further surveys, upcoming classes and keep up on my adventures as an introvert, be sure to sign up for emails of new posts. It’s in the column on the right – just put your email address in the box under my smiling picture. Everything I do feeds through here first, so don’t be the last to find out…sign up now.


No comments:

Post a Comment