Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Do Not Shy Away From Anger



"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

That is so true about the important things in life. When we first become aware of a truth (especially if it’s been hiding in plain sight all our life) we get that forehead slapping ‘ah ha’ that we finally get it.

Then in comes the anger. Anger against ourselves, others, God, the universe, no one is spared from our wrath. We become militant as we try on this new belief.

However, as we own our belief more and more we reach a level of acceptance and here’s where we can decide to move on with our lives seeking a new path to explore.

After acceptance sets in we can become complacent, but hopefully instead we become inspired to use our new belief for our highest good….

So do not shy away from anger…it has its place in our growth process. It might be the beginning of a whole new chapter in your life.

Here’s how a truth of mine progressed a few years ago:

Them: You should get out more
Me: (To myself) Yes, there must be something wrong with me because I hate going out, I just don’t seem to fit in.

Them: You should get out more
Me: Leave me alone, I don’t want to go out! There’s nothing wrong with enjoying time alone!

Them: You should get out more
Me: You don’t have to worry about me, I’m fine staying home alone for now.

Them: You should get out more
Me: smiling tolerantly: Hmmm, sounds like you’re looking forward to getting out.

THEY haven’t changed a bit…My belief about myself did. I’m an introvert, I don’t have a disease, I’m not broken and I don’t need to be fixed, I just find my inner mindscape very fun and exciting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment