Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Are We Kindred Spirits?

 I’ve plodded through most of my life doing the things I thought I should do, or the things others thought I should do. Until recently I’ve played it safe far more often than I’ve taken risks. True, I’ve reached levels of success according to society’s standards, but I’ve always had this nagging feeling that I wanted my life back.. . . this plea puzzled me because I don’t have clear memories of any life I wanted back. Just what life was it that I wanted to go back to?

And now I know…I wanted to go back to days filled with excitement and adventure…to the days where hurt, confusion and fear hadn’t seeped in yet. I wanted to go back to the joy of waking up each morning to a world that fed my soul. That is the life I wanted back.

And now I realize that is the life I am living…Each day filled with joy and purpose and freedom; freedom to be exactly who I am, without apology or explanation. One must never keep these delicious discoveries to themselves. There are countless others that are walking this path. I’m discovering more and more who are traveling with me – we keep the flame burning for each other. We are a community of kindred spirits . . . will you join us?



No comments:

Post a Comment