Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy New Year November 30th!

Have you ever tried to enter cold water one toe at a time? It's not very fun or encouraging is it? Sometimes the best thing that you can do is just 'jump in'! But for those of us who have lived with our breaks on for most of our lives it is too easy to talk ourselves out of drastic moves.

Almost a year ago, I jumped and jumped big. I left Northern California where I had lived for twenty some-odd years back to sunny Southern California. It was frightening and exhilarating at the same time and I was so empowered by my courage and resolve.

I realize now, that I relocated like one-toe-at-a-time getting into cold water....A year ago I immediately found a small little studio to live and establish my base....I justified that I wasn't really sure where I wanted to live and felt the need to be 'in transition'. I always knew that this tiny studio, as charming as it's been, would not suit my needs forever.

After I returned from my wonderful adventure in New York, I knew that I did, indeed, want to stay in this area, and that I also wanted a more grounded, permanent feel to my life. Serendipity came to visit just before Thanksgiving.

My little haven lost its power and I was couch surfing for almost a week. That might have been OK if I hadn't just returned from almost three weeks on the road. Emotionally and energetically I really needed a home base to recharge and I wasn't getting it.

Having time on my hands I was roaming around my area and discovered this amazing condo that seemed to have my name written all over it. Yes, I signed on it and will be moving in shortly. The shift that happened within almost felt like "Ahhh, I'm home, I'm here, I belong." Without realizing it, I was yearning for a more grounded existence. Instinctively I knew that that is what would enable me to continue adventuring outward. To continue to expand my world of adventure.

Without everything falling into place at once, (desperate to be home after traveling, losing power and not being able to be home, all at the right time the condo was on the market) life would have taken on a different color. Right now I feel energized and excited about what tomorrow will bring...it's a new year a month early!

No comments:

Post a Comment